Saturday, June 18, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: MURDER ON BELCHER STREET: A BOB'S BURGERS MOVIE REVIEW

Two big things happened today.

First, we got to go see the Bob's Burgers movie (will get to that momentarily), and secondly, I went out to buy that Craigslist lot! 
Seller was super nice and took our generous offer of $80. I plan on keeping half of the plushies and possibly flipping the rest (clothes are also being kept). Mom and I plan on touching them up before they make their way to my bedroom. Oh, you wanted the review? Right. Let's get to that.

When it comes to adult animated cartoons getting their own movie, the outcome can wind up of two things. 

1) You get a really great plot that would further drive more fans to watching the show it's to be promoting.

2) Horrible execution where the protagonist and practically every character's reputation is soiled. (Looking right at you, Tegridy Farms). 

....And Bob's Burgers surpassed the first one. It was everything a Bob's Burgers movie should be. I mean you've got the Belchers working at their dying joint, and the kids having their own side plot. Tina's plot involves her attempting to ask Jimmy Jr. out for the millionth time, Gene wants to perform at the Wonder Warf with his band "The Little Bitty Ditty Committee", and Louise....We'll get to that shortly.

The plot involves Bob and Linda struggling to gather enough money to pay the bank off, leaving them with a 7 day time period to pay up (ON TOP OF THEIR RENT). Starting us off with this nice little showtune to have the audience settle in for what's to come. 

Antics ensue as Bob and Linda try and find a way to get the money they need so the restaurant doesn't have to shut down, while also giving attention to the side plot that the three Belcher kids all share. Which brings us to Louise's plot. 

Basically Louise is scared of doing some trick on the playground, because of the fear that her hat might fall off. When a couple of female students take note of this, one of them quickly labels Miss Missy a "Baby" which I beg to differ. I mean, if you've watched the show in the past 10 years, we've all become well aware that Louise is capable of pressing anyone's buttons (particularly her mom and the school counselor). This conflict causes Louise to unintentionally uncover a dead body after falling down a hole that just so happened to occur earlier. 

We're soon to find out that the dead body was once a man known as "Cotton Candy Dan" who worked at Wonder Warf for many years. So Louise makes it her mission to drag her siblings to solve this case as a way to prove that she is not a baby. The two plots eventually intersect for the grand finale. (I won't spoil too much other than my description).

This movie probably takes the cake as my favorite film of 2022 so far. It definitely deserves more hype then than damn "Lightyear" movie that was playing in almost every other room. And don't get me STARTED on that "Paws of Fury" crap (Why did you have to sign your soul away to this, Scott Pilgrim?)

Loren and friends have done it again! (10\10)

What did YOU think of the movie, dad? 

I agree. This is everything a Bob's Burgers should be.  Imagine if they went CGI, mo-cap or live action?  Do I need to see Chris Pratt as Teddy? (Maybe I do, but still...)

Looks like they farmed out work to a half-dozen or so animation houses, world-wide.  Canada, Ireland and, of course, Korea.  To my eyes it all came together seamlessly.  Man, a lot of stuff looked like it was shot on ones!

I also, give it 10/10! 👍👍👍👍👍

One final thing I wanna add. Please watch the show before the movie, it'll make a LOT more sense if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...