Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: Playing Catch Up

 What I thought would be a productive work day got turned to shit yesterday afternoon. So there I was, working on a frame for my show, I go to type something up and whaddya know, my keyboard died. Mom and I struggled to change the batteries properly so I waited until dad got home for him to fix it. But hey, at least I got the first 35 seconds done last night! 

Dad to the rescue! Keyboard is now functional. "It's just hero stuff, I do it all the time." (LEX)


People online have complained about my "lack of ACTUAL animation" in the past, when really, I was trying to emulate that of storytime YouTubers like JaidenAnimations or TheOdd1sOut. You know what they say, if its on the internet, there are bound to be complaints. (So I'll be fueling the fire by giving them their definition of actual animation. Things like movements, mouth sync, smudge effects, yknow. Things I've been practicing for MONTHS now?)

Huh. That's an odd complaint. There are PLENTY of YouTube "content creators" who simply recycle standard stock static poses unapologetically (I 💗 Sgt Ducky!)  And, folks, keep in mind many of "the big guys" mentioned now have whole crews of animators, storyboard and background artists.

I say, keep doing what you've been doing until you (and you, alone) decide to change it up.

My two cents' worth.
TRAILER TIME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...