Thursday, August 18, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: Nightmare on Alan Street

Picture this. A father and daughter are off to a restaurant with relatives for a get together while the missus wind up working an evening shift. We drive for about 20 minutes before seeing that one of the ROADS WAS CLOSED OFF! Dad drops daughter, aunt, and uncle off while he goes to park. The three of us find a table and wait for father to return (as well as the arrival of 5 other relatives we would be meeting up with). 



Yep.... That was our evening. Now Gabriel's Gate was a great place, albeit a bit busy by the time we all got there. Luckily, we were all placed in a party room in the back so the noise wouldn't get to me. I caught up with my two older cousins and we chatted about old times. When it came time for us to place our orders, my uncle (dad's brother) decides he won't be ordering wings this time around (very out of character).... 


A while later, our food finally gets to our table. The table next to us just so happened to order some Buffalo chicken wings and suddenly-


"Actually. I'm gonna get some wings after all!"


Family bursts into laughter.


M: I knew you were gonna order wings!


S: Well I wasn't but it just smells so good!


Suddenly my aunt (one of dad's sisters) gets up and walks up to the other table.


K: What kind of wings did you guys order?


Random person: Buffalo style!


K: Thank you! *she then returns to the table*


Our function resumed as normal after that (wings included). And I'll say the food was very good! The things I'd change would be to allow people to wear flip-flops inside the establishment and let people use separate checks! (8\10) Our dining adventures are far from stopping anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...