Thursday, October 27, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: Ah, Memories...

 Was playing Minecraft last night and stumbled upon not one, but two abandoned mineshafts! Seeing a mineshaft for the first time in years really hit me with that wave of nostalgia! 

Back in 2013, during the Minecraft prime, dad and I found a (now old and redundant) build of the game and we installed it on our computer. Sadly, a 10 year old me could NOT understand the game physics at the time. I'd either be digging for a cave, but then I'd hit bedrock and fall off the map, or I'd fly but not know how to get down. But I gradually got the hang of it overtime and got to explore the game more often. 

I was actually talking about the game a while ago and I asked dad what he thought of Mineceraft when he first started hearing about it through me and my church friends. He said he thought it was a really creative game and the design choice was unique for the time (still is). 

What memories do YOU have of us playing the game back in the day, dad? 

I liked the music. And yeah, not figuring out how to stop flying was very concerning. (The music has very much evolved overtime as well! Will show you some soundtracks later!)

I was kind of like Legos, but there were no pieces to step on with your bare feet.

May use this song for the McGuirk unboxing (whenever THAT happens...)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...