Monday, October 3, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: Little Project

 So when I was at the flea market yesterday, I found a pack of 2 sealed VHS tapes for $2. I suggested to dad that I've been wanting to try recording some shows off the TV in our living room. Now we don't have cable, so the only thing I actually watch has always been PBS Kids (most days since our move have been occupied by the fast speed internet). 

So we popped one of the tapes into our VCR. Sadly, we could get any of the channel since our TV isn't analog. BUT...We do have a digital to analog converter box in our basement. Maybe we can plug it in and I could check my local schedule for what shows I actually care about are on around these parts. Something tells me we've got a mini project on our hands. 

I saw an article of "Best Digital Converter Boxes To Use In 2022."

Maybe we should give that a look!

Another thing I wanna TRY to do is convert some old DVD recordings from NC to VHS! A lot of it are either random episodes of shows (mostly Odd Squad and Cyberchase), or the weekend event known by us (and many down south) as "Read-A-Roo's Block Party." Where every month, there would be a 3 hour marathon of a specific show. Well I happen to have a few that we could try transferring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...