Saturday, October 8, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: Pacing

 All grieving aside, dad and I went on about our weekend schedule.


(Morning)

The morning started off with leftovers for breakfast accompanied by "Oddballs." A Netflix series created by TheOdd1sOut. Dad and I are two big fans of James and his work, with our first encounter on his channel being THESE two videos respectfully. 

And
Dad applauded the M&M technique in this video.

We had some errands to do afterwards, let's list them out!


Errand 1) Get a new lightbulb


My grandma wanted us to come and help install a new lightbulb in her bathroom. No worries, we just trudged off to Home Depot (was right around the corner from her house). Dad got the bulb while I was belting out Jaxx's debut hit "Victoria's Secret" in the car. The song played TWICE on two different radio stations. Highly recommend giving it a listen for yourself. 


Errand 2) Go To Best Buy


Best Buy wasn't far away either, so we drove there to get two important things.


1) SOMEONE'S Christmas present.

2) An indoor TV antenna for my bedroom (to record stuff on my VHS tapes). 

Both were easy finds (Duh, they were in the same section). So we didn't spend too much time. 


After that, we went back to grandma's to install the bulb.


Errand 3) Goodwill


I've been wanting to stop buy the Goodwill around the corner from our house lately, so I took some allowance and change leftover from Best Buy and used it for today's thrifting ventures. Didn't wind up with too much today, but the highlights were getting a South Park "Chef Aid" CD, as well as a talking "Mei-Mei" doll from Turning Red. I personally find it odd that this doll was at a Goodwill of all places since Turning Red only came out in March. When you press Mei's tummy, she swings her arms up in the air and yells "AWOOGA!" As for the Chef Aid CD, I'm glad to have found it since this CD itself is VERY hard to find on EBay and when it is listed, it's usually far past my preferred price range. 


Quick fact check update: The CD has since become easier to find compared to 3 years ago when it was HTF cheap online. So whoops!


(Afternoon)


Dad and I spent the afternoon re-organizing my plush collection in the basement. We're clearly making progress right now and I'm loving it! Everthing from Build a Bears to Webkinz have been neatly organized into various boxes (And we actually bothered to label the boxes for a change). So yeah, more tomorrow!


Now to binge watch more of The Love Goddess while I build a minecart system in Minecraft. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...