Thursday, December 15, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: A Calico Critter Christmas

 Ah, Calico Critters. A toy line that first started in Japan in the 1980s that has skyrocketed in popularity thanks to kids and adults alike. You just can't get enough of these fuzzy creatures and their super detailed and realistic playsets. 

There are also these "webisodes" on YouTube and Prime Video

Back when my mom and I were stuck in the bowels of the South, my dad would visit twice a year. Once during summer, and again at Christmas time. Each time he'd visit, I'd always come up with SOME project to keep us busy. Most of our projects were made using Littlest Pet Shop or My Little Pony, but this time. I want to bring Calico Critters into the spotlight. I have two different Christmas specials in mind.


1) One of those stories where two families come together to celebrate the holidays, the mother of one family laments on past get togethers and how much of a disaster they were. (One of them being based off of a stellar performance when I played Mary in a church Christmas pageant).


2) A new bakery opens up, which annoys the owner of a bakery that's been there for a long time. Antics ensue (I literally just came up with this idea a couple days ago, still trying to flesh things out here.)


Which do you think we should make?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...