Sunday, February 19, 2023

Daddy Daughter Days: It Takes Patience.

 I stopped at Walgreens with my dad the other day, seeing as he needed to pick up some prescriptions. So I brought some spending money with me in case I found something I'd be interested in, say a figure or plushie. 

Well I got stuffed poodle from the extremely marked down Valentine's Day section. Originally sold for a whopping $20, got it for $4. 

One thing that DID catch my eye, were MGA's new "Make it Minis" lineup. These things have been selling like hotcakes and I just HAD to get my toy collector hands on at least ONE of them! 
To catch you up to speed: MGA is best known for creating a variety of toy lines, specifically "LOL Surprise" and the line that this comes from, Mini Brands. Mini Brands are basically miniature versions of different food and toy brands. I often use these with my AATC plushies or Littlest Pet Shops. And the latest edition to this ever popular toy line are the "Make It Mini: Miniverse" toys. 

These are basically a kids version of assembling and customizing your own DnD figure. Each set comes with individual pieces and a bottle of resin meant to resemble a food item like maple syrup. I wound up assembling a lemon tart this past weekend and...It was a PAIN to assemble.

First there was the resin. I unscrewed the cap and it had the SMALLEST seal I've ever seen on a toy. So I took an exact-o knife and hacked at it for at least 2 minutes before mom came in and helped to the best she could. After that mess was done, I had to squeeze the resin onto the fake pie crust and use some tweezers to carefully assemble the miniature fruit pieces (lemons and blueberries) and well....

Thank you for your assistance during this painful process, Eleanor.

Will I be blowing another $8 on one of these again? Yes, but it all starts with getting my nail biting habit under control. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...