Saturday, April 22, 2023

Daddy Daughter Days: Let There Be Trash...Wait WHAT?!

 Cyberchase premiered its 14th season last night on PBS stations. Their first episode "Clean Up On Isle 8" believe it or not, was surprisingly good! Since it's Earth Day this weekend, we got an earth centered lesson. Which was ok, though I'm not in the age group that the show was meant for. Speaking of EARTH, we finally got to see our first glimpse of Inez's family. I wouldn't really call this the A plot. Yes this starts at the beginning of the episode, but once Inez teams up with her friends in Cyberspace, it isn't mentioned again until halfway through the mission! Oh yeah, and Hacker is nowhere to be seen despite being, I don't know, THE MAIN ANTAGONIST?!


The episode has its flaws, but it's an ok start to the season. And we're gonna see Jackie's family in a few episodes from now (as revealed by the Cyberchase website). Also, Ron Pardo (the new voice for Digit) does an ok job. Though I personally think it might just boil down to something we both just need to adjust to. (When you've been watching for over 10 years, it can be an adjustment.)


Your thoughts, dad?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...