Saturday, October 15, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: A Busy Saturday

It's pretty late, so I'll make this quick.

(Morning)

Woke up sometime around 8:00 or something. Did the usual catching up with some friends before dad and I went to starting our morning with French toast followed by King of the Hill. 
After that. It was off to class for me.

(Some musings from class that nobody asked for).

Today, we were learning about acting\improv. This involved us picking a name from 3 buckets. One was Marvel characters, the second was "general characters," and (the one most used), ANIMATED characters! First, we made an "audition tape" where we did impressions of the characters we picked. I got to play Miles "Tails" Prower from....Well.....Sonic the Hedgehog. 
I'd say the best voice impression I saw in that portion was one of my friends doing an INSANELY accurate "Jack Skellington" impression, visually and voice wise. 
The same person would later go on to improv as Mike Wasowski

Then there was one kid who was supposed to audition for "Spongebob" as part of his tape. We were told by the teachers to simply state our name an who we'd be auditioning for (followed by some prompts about the character).

So the kid goes up and says "Hi. I'm ____ and I'll be auditioning for the role of Spongebob." And just walks off camera, with laughter ensuing. (No worries, folks. There was a 'take 2').

After that, it was break time. 

(Afternoon)

After the break, we did an imrov game where we'd get to pick ANOTHER character and would have that character get interviewed for a job as something you wouldn't really expect it to be. (Ex: The Grinch as a mental health counselor, Mike Wasowski as a heart surgeon,) and for MY performance, Vanelope Von Schweetz as a Pre K teacher. 
By the time my improv rolled around, dad was already there to pick me up afterwards.

After that, we got home, had a quick lumch, and went to the comic con..... Which was a fail....Again....

So we just stopped at Amvets where I got a couple new sweatshirts for $15 all together. 
Probably my favorite from the bunch.

(Evening)

Te three of us were far too rung out to actually cook anything, so we turned to Mighty Taco. I got myself some bacon nachos while mom and dad got their own variety of burritos. Let's see whether or not we have pantry tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...