Friday, March 17, 2023

Daddy Daughter Days: The Art Of Preservation

I've gotten back into VHS tapes as of last year when our church food pantry was getting rid of a lot of things. One of those being a VCR, which they let us take home. So I went through our family's extended collection and I pulled out some tapes from my own personal library. But one thing I do like collecting when it comes to tapes are home recordings.

No not things like Christmas of (insert year here), I mean TV recordings. I'm not just in it because of the shows, but because of the commercials from its time. Some of the tapes I currently own are 2 Metalocalypse recordings (season 1), a 6 hour VHS tape with various shows (Rocket Power, Oprah, Pokemon, etc) and...That's about it. 

There's currently someone on EBay selling off a bunch of Cartoon Network\Adult Swim VHS tapes for $25 a pop plus shipping (with the exception of a 7 hour tape for $34). Two I plan on buying are from Christmas 2004 and the other is from 2005. 
Christmas 2004 includes:

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law

Family Guy

What I think might be Squidbillies

"And others"


The 2005 tape (just listed) includes:

Family Guy (as pictured above)

American Dad

Robot Chicken

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Home Movies

"And more"

Once I'm done saving for Bluey's Big Play, I'll try and purchase these tapes when I can. (Which btw I should have all the money next week).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...