Sunday, November 14, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Lost in Space

 So I went to church with my parents in order to help prepare some Thanksgiving meals to earn a little extra salary (from my mom, not the church.) And oh my God am I TIRED! I don't know what's wrong with me today but I just can't seem to get a hold of myself! 

So we successfully packed up the dinners while regular service ran smoothly. My mom and I were tasked with pouring the gravy into small containers while some of the other members helped out with the mashed potatoes, turkey, and even dessert! So things went well from there. My family and I wound up with 4 dinners, 2 for my mom and dad, one for me, and one for my grandma. 


Mom left for work around 1:20 or something, leading my dad and I to finish our lunch and pack up to head to grandma's house so we could drop her meal off and so my dad could fix her lamp. Here's how it went...

My dad and I pull out of the driveway, listening to 98.5 FM as is typical for us.

A few blocks away

Dad: Wait a minute...

Me: What?

Dad: I forgot the turkey dinner!!!!

Me: Shoot. Well its on the bottom shelf in the fridge.

Dad: I know that.

Me: Well mom told me to tell you where it was. 

We drive back home, grab the turkey dinner, and then drive off again.

Just as we turn the corner

Dad: WAIT!

Me: Now what?

Dad: I forgot the part I need to fix the lamp.

Me: Oh my God! 

Drive back home, grab the part, and then drive off AGAIN with no further issues.

Third time's the charm!

So yeah, father and I just are lost in space today. 

Speaking of lost....

So I had recently discovered a show from the early 2000s called "Frances" about a young badger of the same name spending time with her family. I did some research to find out it was made by the Jim Henson company during their venturing into the world of CGI animation (These were the same guys behind "Sid The Science Kid".)


Turns out this cutesy show was based off the Frances books from the mid to late 90s. This particular book series was a success amongst children back then, sadly.... this show did not gain the same attention as the original source material.. Frances (TV Show) aired in 2005 and lasted until 2009 and lasted of a whopping 6 episodes. I really feel sad that this show didn't do well, I mean from what I've seen, it looked like it would be such a big hit then. Oh well, as of now, only 3 of the 6 episodes have resurfaced online, leading half the show to become lost media. It'd be a miracle if the show does resurface in full. Fingers crossed that it does!

I actually have a bit of a memory of this show...

I remember seeing a trailer for Frances on one of my Thomas and Friends DVDS from way back when. Very interesting to find out it wasn't a fever dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...